- re interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then B/E Aerospace may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets, a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you'd expect in a job. At B/E, we realize that our employees are one of the keys to our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results. B/E Aerospace, Inc. located in Everett, WA has the following position to fill:
Engineer, Mechanical Systems I
The Mechanical Systems Engineer will utilize his aircraft development expertise to participate in the design new products, solve systems engineering problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals within the aviation industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Captures, understands and documents the customer's system requirements
- Designs systems architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
- Performs interior systems analysis, modelling and simulation
- Performs system safety analysis, including hazard assessment and fault tree analysis
- Develops requirements for systems test facilities
- Defines aircraft installation requirements for avionics
- Participates in Product Release Board Technical support of product trials and pilots
- Prepares and initial performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
- Creates functional product specifications
- Performs other related duties as required
Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural, or Electrical; and a minimum of five years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear;
frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1102 Shuksan Way
Everett, WA 98203
(BE conducts post-offer & pre-employment drug testing)
B/E Aerospace - 19 months ago
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...