SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:|
Provide quantitative scope information about the position that will best describe or measure its size, influence and impact on the business. Use those relevant for the role:
' Total sales revenue supported: $200MM
' Total number of employees supervised (in organization): 2
' Number of locations responsible for: 3
' Total operating/department budget: $1MM
' Total capital expenditures: $1MM
' Other items relevant for role:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Lead a team of packaging professionals in Packaging Design, Support, and Implementation for SAFC Biosciences products including catalog, custom, and new products. Work with suppliers and strategic SAFC business partners to deliver innovative packaging solutions to support SAFC's dry powder and liquid product portfolio. Performs duties at an elevated degree of professionalism, independence and sense of ownership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Respond to customer inquiries regarding new/custom packaging requests from both internal and external customers.
2) Design robust and economical packaging for catalog and custom SAFC Biosciences Products.
3) Implement packaging processes to ensure products are packaged according to verified methods for all SAFC Biosciences sites.
4) Design and conduct experiments, i.e., cell culture, compatibility, physical durability, shipping stability, disposable mixing technology, and disposable process applications to support new/custom product applications for both internal and external customers.
5) Prepare and give presentations covering disposable and packaging applications/capabilities/training to internal and external customers.
6) Conduct and/or coordinate testing with an outside testing facility to obtain data required to support current disposable product line as well as new disposable products for internal applications as well as external customer applications.
7) Write protocols and report results of studies conducted, prepare literature for Marketing publication.
8) Develop and Implement corrective actions based on incident investigations, work with customers, suppliers and internal staff to resolve issue and report status on continuous basis.
9) Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations.
10) Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemical Engineering, with 3-5 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemistry, food, or fermentation application.
Master's degree in Engineering or MBA preferred
Experience directing the work of others preferred.
Proven Packaging Engineering experience with dry powders and liquids.
Experience designing, selecting, and testing packaging and shipping containers for powders and liquids.
Industry experience with biodisposables and bioprocessing.
Experience and/or education in Material Sciences.
Familiarity with large scale cell culture processes and applications
Knowledge of FDA and/or USDA regulatory requirements in a cGMP manufacturing environment
Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective scientific problem solving skills.
Knowledge of ISTA and ASTM shipping qualification procedures
Familiarity with hazardous shipping regulations preferred.
Customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a productive manner.
Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills.
' Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Environmental conditions-work in cGMP production and warehouse environments that may have noise, water, chemicals, and/or dust present
Physical requirements-lift up to 50lbs
Travel-occasional travel required to support global SAFC manufacturing centers as well as visit global customer base
About Sigma-Aldrich: Sigma-Aldrich is a leading Life Science and High Technology company whose biochemical, organic chemical products, kits and services are used in scientific research, including genomic and proteomic research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, the diagnosis of disease and as key components in pharmaceutical, diagnostics and high technology manufacturing. Sigma-Aldrich customers include more than 1.3 million scientists and technologists in life science companies, university and government institutions, hospitals and industry. The Company operates in 35 countries and has nearly 9,000 employees whose objective is to provide excellent service worldwide. Sigma-Aldrich is committed to accelerating customer success through innovation and leadership in Life Science and High Technology. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Sigma-Aldrich offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary, benefits, retirement, relocation and incentive packages including tuition reimbursement. Sigma-Aldrich fosters the growth of employees in a culture of respect and dignity with ample opportunity for career advancement.
Sigma-Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Check the shelves of any research (or mad) scientist and you'll likely find Sigma-Aldrich's chemical products. The company is a...