Products that include Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation functionality are emerging as a consumer favorite, with the technology being integrated into personal navigation devices (PNDs), mobile phones and other mobile devices.
We'e looking for energetic and enthusiastic engineers excited about GPS technology and embedded systems. Enjoy seeing your work on the shelves of your favorite electronics store? Do you want to be part of enabling the newest and coolest gadgets? The Broadcom GPS Group is delivering chipsets and software, enabling GPS functionality in leading mobile phones and GPS navigation devices. Broadcom has been a leader in bringing support for new Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) such as the Russian GLONASS and the Japanese QZSS to the mass market.
We are problem solvers. You must thrive when involved with multiple issues at the same time, and take satisfaction in solving issues as they come up. This is a great place to get exposed to a wide range of technology. You will work closely with the hardware engineers and experience full product lifecycles from pre-silicon all the way through to full software release.
In this position you will:
- Work on designs that combine GNSS signal processing and application processors in both standalone and integrated positioning systems
- Develop software for multi-processor embedded architctures, sensors and communication modules
- Work closely with software and hardware teams to define the implementation and verification specifications and to perform hardware bringup and system level integration
- Support low-level integration of GPS with other wireless and positioning technologies Job Requirements • Typically requires a BSEE degree or related field and 12 years of experience, an MSEE degree or related field and 9 years of experience or a PhD and 6 years of experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in GPS or wireless
- Good programming skills in C/C++
- Experience with serial communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C) and device drivers
- Embedded RTOS experience, preferably on a relevant platform e.g. PND, mobile phone
- Experience with embedded CPU architectures, bus systems and optimization for memory and throughput
- Experience working with FPGA platforms
- Good documentation skills
- Some hardware design experience and Assembly programming is a plus
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly
- Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills, and excellent analytical skills
- DSP and signal processing background is a plus