Broadcom is developing solutions supporting the next generation of 3G and 4G high-speed mobile technologies. Broadcom offers a family of HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access), WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple-Access), EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution), GPRS (General Packet Radio Services) and GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) baseband processors for use in cellular handsets, PC cards and other wireless-enabled consumer electronics.
In this role as part of the mobile and wireless division, you will be working in the Software Systems and Software Debug group. You will be responsible for:
Previous experience with development and/or systems software of embedded software is required – wireless / cellular development experience preferred.
- Overall software performance of the MPS basebands
- Driving continuous improvement of various software KPIs – Memory, MIPS, Performance, Throughput
- Practical and experimental modeling of the software KPIs on Android based mobile phones – not limited to theoretical analysis
- Analysis of new (Customer and Internal) KPI requirement – feasibility study and planning
- Close collaboration with SW Architecture, Systems Engineering and SW Development & Test
- Solving challenging problems in software performance, power consumption and stability for Android based mobile phones
- Travel as necessary to customer sites for board bring up, software integration and joint development effort. Job Requirements Must be able to understand software architecture, design flow and system level issues, and able to develop and review technical specifications.
Strong C/C++ programming skills are a must.
Requires strong Linux kernel programming skills.
Experience with Android is preferred.
Experience with ARM development tools required.
Requires strong embedded software debugging skills.
Prefer experience with tools such as JTAG/ETM.
Chip and platform software bring up experience is a plus.
Requires ability to manage multiple tasks.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Typically requires a BS degree and 12 years of experience or an MS degree and 9 years of experience or a PhD and 6 years of experience.
Broadcom Corporation - 20 months ago
As a semiconductor supplier for the global wired and wireless communications industry, Broadcom's reach is far and wide. With sales and...