This position is responsible for Divisional Lean Initiatives in providing technical direction and support to CSA plants that manufacture Fluid Systems products. This position will facilitate the standardization of processes within the division, including the development and maintenance of standards used for equipment specification and procurement, cost estimating, and the sharing of technology/best practices within the Division. This position works closely with CSA Sales, Engineering, R&D, Finance, Purchasing, and Estimating Departments in support of the APQP process and CSA strategies.
- Works under the direction of the Director, Advanced Manufacturing, with assignments and expectations tied closely with plant objectives to reduce cost, improve quality, and achieve advancements in both process and product technology.
- Drive Lean initiative project for North American Operations
- Leads the research and implementation of new or improved equipment/tooling/processes to satisfy changing production requirements. Works with outside machinery suppliers, machine shops, plant engineering, and maintenance in these efforts.
- Assists in the validation of new processes as necessary. May be required to obtain/negotiate approval or revisions to customer product specifications.
- Initiates projects and tasks through creative insight, leveraging manufacturing and product knowledge.
- Confirms feasibility/capability of proposed product/process improvements using statistical methods.
- Assists in the transfer of product and process between plants within the Division.
- Keeps current on developments related to manufacturing and product technology through meetings with suppliers, customers, trade publications, shows and conferences, etc.
- Reports status and progress of projects monthly through a Project Status Report.
- May on occasion be required to perform duties other than those specified above.
- For assigned technologies, will act as communicative link with CSA technical and manufacturing sites, including other global regions, for the purpose of process development, Best Practice exchange, standardization, etc. International travel is periodically necessary.
- Four-year technical degree with 7 or more years of experience in automotive fluid component manufacturing and assembly, or equivalent experience in relative Technical/Engineering/Program Management positions.
- Travel to intra company, customer and supplier facilities is required at approximately 25-40% of time.
- Must have experience in driving Lean initiatives
- This position requires a person who is organized and has demonstrated a proactive task approach to work.
- The position requires a high level of problem solving and data driven analysis.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to coordinate and lead projects and meetings effectively.
- Computer competency required, including spreadsheet and word-processing software.
- Experience in managing programs with success.
- Experience in a quality position would be beneficial.