Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
The Video Operations (Control Systems) Engineer provides technical expertise to a changing National video platform conditional access systems (DNCS (Digital Network Control Servers), DAC (Digital Addressable Controller)) and related BackOffice systems. Control System Operations Engineer is responsible as a tier 2 escalation for platform events. The candidate selected will utilize their DNCS/DAC knowledge and background to ensure stability, reliability, and performance of the Control System and services within the Video Department. Candidate must be flexible to work different shifts as coverage is needed in a 24x7 operations center. They will also work with other departments including Engineering, Headend, Network, Billing etc, along with vendors (Concurrent, Cisco) and management, to maintain and improve the operations environment of the Video BackOffice system and other Control Systems. This position reports to the Video Control Services Manager and does not have any direct reports.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Maintain stability, performance, & reliability of a changing Control System Platform
- Prioritize and Resolve events, ensuring proper Root Cause Analysis is performed.
- Manage Control System (DNCS/DAC) BackOffice Projects from conception to completion, identifying risk, documentation gaps, training needs, support, and proper maintenance handling.
- Identify root cause and direct vendors as necessary for analysis and problem resolution.
- Replicate reported Control System bugs, communicate, write technical bulletins, and document problem resolution.
- Works primarily inside throughout the year in an office-based environment.
- Will require long periods of personal computer and verbal telephone use.
- Occasionally this job will require standing, walking, bending or stooping.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule with the occasional need for extended hours.
- In depth knowledge of DNCS/DAC BackOffice systems with demonstrated practical experience in one or more industry standard systems (DNCS, DAC, TSBroadcaster, MAS, BFS, OCAP, NTP, EMM Keys)
- Ability to monitor the DNCS/DAC BackOffice system and take necessary fix actions while managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide Tier II video event escalation support including advanced troubleshooting and fault isolation.
- Skill with programming at least one language, including: SQL, PERL, JAVA, Shell scripting, Informix, HTML, VI Editor, or Python.
- Proven skill with common computer operating system administration including upgrading and patching, backup and restore actions and the management of common applications such as DNS, NTP, NFS, SSH, FTP, Volume management and X-windows
- Awareness of Network protocols, routers & switches, BGP, OSPF, Multi-cast video, MPEG, RF, VPN, Terminal Services, Mail, database and Web services
- Has passion for efficient business and systems operations.
- Has personal and professional maturity that warrants respect and provides an example.
- Ability to own and manage projects small/large understanding both the business and technical impacts associated with managing projects.
- A person who cares about the people with whom they work and their customers and approaches them with integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in an environment where team work, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized, and where reward is based on results.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in a technical capacity.
- Communicate professionally in a fast-paced setting while fostering a positive working environment
- Excellent internal customer service skills with an ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Able to respond quickly to a system outage or impairment as required
- Timely reporting of information on projects and activities and be able to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports.
- Candidate should possess the skills to implement, maintain, and upgrade various applications and the servers they reside on.
- Ability to perform critical and analytical thinking
- Maintain problem ownership and accountability.
- Team player and self-starter
- 's Degree preferred or 2-4 years equivalent work experience.2 years directly related work experience in a DNCS/DAC BackOffice environment.Must have 1 year experience with Solaris, Linux, or other UNIX OS.Prefer 2 years of experience in a 24X7 high-availability operations/production environment. 2+ years systems engineering experience in a DNCS/DAC Back office System.Self-motivated and driven, thrives in operational success.Must have a valid driver's license.
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bright House Networks is a leading provider of entertainment and information services serving approximately one million customers in the...