Eli Lilly and Company has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity.
- Provide technical leadership starting in early device development phases to define device and automated process requirements in order to optimize interface with automated equipment in support of new device launches at Lilly and non-Lilly locations.
- As a global network SME, technically profile the methodologies and capabilities of the equipment vendor network to effectively support new line delivery and ongoing operations.
- Proactively introduce new process technology strategies and applications to maximize capital utilization and minimize time to volume.
- Provide highly leveraged global SME leadership to CMs and OEMs to assure equipment process development and design meets Lilly requirements for quality, safety, cost and time.
- Support Mechanical / Process Center of Excellence (COE) network to develop global network capabilities and synergistically leverage resources.
- Work closely with the Development / Commercialization team, CMs, OEMs and others to understand device project requirements, lead equipment strategy planning, influence product design and develop DFM / DFA risk based recommendations for assembly / packaging line designs.
- Actively engage with the CMs and OEMs to review and assess progress on equipment process development and design.
- Provide Leveraged guidance to assure Lilly expectations are achieved.
- Selectively provide detailed guidance to work through technical issues.
- Detailed guidance could include development and documentation of assembly processes, identification of key operating and control parameters, performing FMEAs and/or fault tree analysis, assessing technical risks of manufacturing process and
- OEM's Assure new device design, delivery and improvement activities are compliant with Lilly safety, quality and compliance requirements.
- Work with OEMs to develop and implement proof of concept technology assessments and technical studies, develop process documentation such as the process flow documents, document technical rationale for technology, OEM, and design decisions.
- Stay current with new product and major device improvement project portfolios to understand automation requirements and technical challenges.
- Maintain dynamic OEM vendor relationships to assure a capable OEM vendor base is proactively identified and developed.
- Identify and improve designs that maximize value for capital. Design and implement lab and pilot scale equipment in order to de-risk high speed automated assembly lines
- Support global Mechanical / Process COE initiatives, identify core capability development requirements, link device and non-device mechanical / process networks.
- Build and utilize network of process/mechanical engineers at Lilly and outside.
- Coach and mentor project technical teams.
- 3 years ago - save job
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...