US-FL-Gainesville US-FL-Tampa US-FL-Jacksonville
Job ID: 2013-9138
Area of Interest: EN - Engineering Geology and Geology
Job Type: Intern
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): ..
Posted Date: 3/15/2013
Experience (Years): ..
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGEOTECH
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
For more information, visit golder.com
Golder Associates is seeking an Engineering/Geology/Scientist Intern to join our one of our Florida offices (Jacksonville, Gainesville, or Tampa).
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering / environmental science intern to work as part of a team on civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering-related projects.
- Candidate will participate in civil and environmental engineering projects that involve civil engineering design, storm water design and management, geotechnical evaluation, subsurface investigation, environmental remediation, waste management facility design and permitting, and construction management.
- Travel and fieldwork as dictated by project demands.
- Assist in office functions.
- Qualified candidates must be enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program in engineering or science with an emphasis in civil, geotechnical, environmental, wastewater engineering, geology or related science field.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States, possess a valid US driver's license, present a professional work appearance, interact well with the public, have excellent teamwork skills, and pass a pre-employment physical exam including drug screen and criminal history background check.
- Candidate shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills with leadership ability and a positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and in groups.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and database software preferred.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training preferred.
- Local candidates preferred. Relocation is not available for this position. EOE M/F/D/V
Golder Associates Ltd.
- 2 years ago - save job
Golder Associates is an employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and...