Engineering Energy Co-op (Full or Part-time)
RKD Engineers is hiring a graduate level Engineering Energy Co-op for our busy Boston office.
RDK Engineers (RDK) is a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century. We pride ourselves on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
We are a great firm with great people offering great projects. Come join us!
- Work with commercial, health care, schools and institutions to perform energy audits and inspections.
- Help identify and evaluate energy savings initiatives including operational and maintenance savings as well as estimating costs to implement energy conservation measures.
- Focus on heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting systems .
- Travel to sites to perform detailed studies and feasibility analyses.
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing findings.
- Utilize Microsoft Office based programs
- Currently enrolled in an accredited MS program in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Dedicated interest in energy systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable practices for new and existing buildings.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Strong writing, communication, and computer skills including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally
- Familiarity with energy efficiency and building use modeling and simulation and other related energy efficiency software building simulation software including Carrier HAP, TRANE System Analyzer, TRACE, and E-Quest (DOE 2.1).
- Familiarity with typical mechanical systems in commercial and industrial facilities.
- HVAC Assessment and Analytical Modeling
- Ability to recognize, identify, assess, and produce detailed calculations for energy conservation projects.
- Ability to understand utility billing details and prepare utility bill analysis.
- Understanding of LEEDs
- Prior co-op experience with a utility
Have the required skills and experience?
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 11 months ago