Engineering Intern - Manufacturing
This role is a highly visible position that is an integral part of the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Manufacturing team with tremendous learning opportunities. This position will be providing decision and analytical support to critical cross functional areas and the manufacturing management team. You will be assigned a challenging research project requiring creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization.
In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support. This role is for a summer internship and will conclude by mid-August.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high performance environment and have the talent to deliver these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting opportunity with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco.
• 2+ years coursework toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (must be at least 18 by internship start date)
• Engineering or technical experience a plus
• Familiarity with computer programming
• Knowledge of statistical concepts
• Must be a strategic thinker with strong influencing skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills
• Must possess a high sense of urgency and work ethic.
• Must be a self-starter
• Must work with minimal supervision
• Must be detail oriented and reliable.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo.
• Demonstrate excellent PC skills
• Knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
Additional Desired Qualifications:
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company looks for principled, creative, dynamic and passionate people who display:
A passion for winning
Leadership, and a willingness to take accountability
Creativity and innovation
Broad, cross-functional business knowledge
Technical and organizational ability
Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability
Self-motivation and an orientation to action
Flexibility and ability to embrace change
RJ Reynolds - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...