The Research and Development function develops new products consistent with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco’s Growth, Innovation and Harm Reduction Platforms. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments and conduct research to support established tobacco research programs and projects in collaboration with other R&D scientists.
This role is a highly visible position that is an integral part of the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco R&D team with tremendous learning opportunities. You will be assigned a challenging research project requiring creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization.
In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support.
- Utilization of Brimrose AOTF NIR spectrometer to analyze standard products, organic materials, and novel compounds
- Development of a spectral database for quality control purposes
- Productivity Improvement
- Product Quality
- Waste Reduction
- Process Optimization
- Resource Utilization
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high performance environment and have the talent to deliver challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting opportunity with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- 2+ years coursework toward a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Chemistry (must be at least 21 by internship start date)
- Engineering or technical experience a plus
- Familiarity with computer programming
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong influencing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must work with minimal supervision
- Must be detail oriented and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrate excellent PC skills
- Knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
- A passion for winning
- Leadership, and a willingness to accept accountability
- Creativity and innovation
- Technical and organizational ability
RJ Reynolds - 18 months ago
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...