Our Client is a a nationally ranked engineering and architectural design firm, serves clients in the municipal, state, federal, commercial and industrial markets, offering innovative Energy solutions to today’s challenges. They have an excellent opportunity for an Energy Commissioning Engineer in their Albany NY office.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position is responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective and innovative commissioning and retro-commissioning services, meeting client expectations and project deadlines, and is the commissioning resource for project delivery teams. Works hand in hand with Consultants, Senior Consultants and Project Managers to ensure project deliverables and client expectations are met. Provide support and act as technical resource on commissioning related issues to internal and external clients. Act as project manager for designated commissioning services projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Independently lead and manage commissioning/retro- commissioning projects. Preparing deliverables, including technical reports, Cx reports, system manuals, assessments, and LEED (or other relevant rating system) documentation as it relates to commissioning.
- Lead commissioning/retro- commissioning meetings and presentations. Coordinate documentation process for Owners Project Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design (BOD). Consult on energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- Perform design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements and LEED (or other relevant sustainability framework) of HVAC, controls, electrical and other plans and specifications requiring commissioning. Interpret project specifications to guide the inclusion of commissioning into a project.
- Perform submittals reviews and prepare commissioning test forms and equipment checklists. Prepare and implement Pre-functional Performance Testing checklist. Verify completed installation checklists submitted by contractors.
- Create functional acceptance test procedures for building automation, HVAC, domestic hot water, lighting, renewable energy systems, associated controls and other systems and equipment required to be commissioned.
Perform field inspections, witness equipment startups and test and balance activities. Direct general contractors and subcontractors during functional performance testing of building automation, HVAC, lighting, domestic hot water and renewable energy systems and associated controls. Conduct troubleshooting of these systems.
Coordinate with utility/NYSERDA energy services programs, for incentives available to clients.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Assist Division Manager in the preparation of proposals, developing scopes of work, fees and budgetary cost estimates for projects and implementation of project work scopes.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
Experience overseeing all aspects of Cx/RCx projects, including planning, resource allocation, and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in mechanical or industrial engineering is desirable. Certified Commissioning Professional from the Building Commissioning Association or equal is required.
- A minimum of 5 years direct commissioning of new construction projects and re-commissioning of existing buildings and project management experience, including LEED Commissioning support.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point). Proficient with various building mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems and their relevant application to building types.
Knowledge of functional acceptance testing procedures for multiple types of building automation, heat transfer, HVAC fundamentals, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, lighting, domestic hot water, renewable energy systems is essential as well as knowledge of troubleshooting these systems.
Ability to interpret and understand architectural and engineering drawings. Strong HVAC and controls background is a must. Understand general mechanical codes, commissioning guideline 0 and 1, ASHRAE 90.1, 55 and 62.1, as well as other applicable codes. Well versed with the USGBC LEED Rating Systems.
Strong communication skills, including analytically, technical writing and editing skills, team building, collaboration and problem solving
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. All information will not be release unless prior approval!!
Founded in 1990- Natek Corporation is a Nationally recognized staffing and recruiting firm specializing in the placement of Engineers, sales...