Engineering Manager – Core Conveyor Technology
Flexco is a world leader in conveyor belt maintenance technology. For over 100 years, we've been manufacturing belt conveyor products for a wide variety of industries. We have consistently been named as one of Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources. We offer a culture that is focused on great people, customer commitment, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and achievement. Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Principal Engineer for our Lemont facility.
This is a working management position (player/coach), initially with one direct report. The role is expected to grow over time as the business grows. In the first year, it is expected that the candidate will spend the majority of his/her time on projects in addition to developing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated design and development experience for over 10 years.
- Experience using 3D solid modeling software to create complex features and specify dimensional and tolerance requirements; SolidWorks strongly preferred.
- Applied knowledge of dynamic balance, rolling resistance, vibrations and cyclical loading.
- Ability to develop design validation and test plans including accelerated life cycle tests such as HALT and HASS.
- Commitment to employ DFMEA, PFMEA and FEA tools.
- Keen interest to be a versatile engineer supporting Product Development, Application Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Understanding of core manufacturing and assembly processes to develop and improve mechanical products.
- Knowledge of engineering plastics.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects utilizing internal and external resources
- Keen interest in customer interaction to promote engineering attributes of the product.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to visit applications sites, attend seminars and industry meetings.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters degree is a plus.
- Background in Bulk Material Handling is desirable
1. Design, develop, test, and support products for bulk material handling industry (idler rollers) that adhere to applicable standards such as MSHA and CEMA.
2. Develop CAD models, fabrication drawings, engineering analysis, quality plans and engineering information.
3. Evaluate competitive product landscape to identify opportunities to develop products with unique value proposition.
4. As the primary leader of engineering activity develop reliable resources to sustain a lean product development approach.
5. Establish a test lab to perform product validation simulating field operating conditions according to the design validation plan.
6. Ensure customer needs are properly translated into product specifications and support manufacturing as well as customer service for resolving all engineering issues.
7. Collaborate with technology partners and application specialists from around the world with a long- term goal of optimizing the cost, weight and performance of composite idlers.
8. Responsible to support employees engaged in design engineering work activities and mentoring engineering talent.
9. Be a strong individual contributor and a leader in a dynamic environment that seeks to deploy engineering innovation as a growth catalyst.
Perform other related duties as assigned .
Flexco - 20 months ago