GREENPOINT Technologies was founded in 1988 and is located in Kirkland, WA. We provide interior solutions for Boeing aircraft, including VIP interior completions for private individuals, corporations and heads-of-state. As a preferred OEM supplier to the Boeing Company, we have designed and delivered specialty interior systems and modifications for nearly every Boeing commercial model. We are a recognized Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) completion center and are certified to ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
GREENPOINT Technologies incorporates various aspects of aircraft interior completions, providing an all-encompassing experience. Our services and capabilities follow within the strict guidelines of our Mission, Vision, and Values which we strive to demonstrate on a daily basis. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to a customer focused approach to engineering offerings and design excellence built into every program.
Provide leadership for the Avionics Engineering group located in Kirkland, WA and Marysville, WA within Greenpoint Technologies (GTI) Engineering Department supporting on-going and future GTI programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively leads and manages a team of up to 30 Avionics Engineers and directs them to design aircraft electrical systems, components, installations and the substantiation documentation required by and acceptable to the FAA.
• Plans and directs the work of the avionics engineering group.
• Sets the quality standard for the GTI Avionics department and put standards and check processes in place to make sure that standards are achieved.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while making decisions as to priority of tasks and assignment of team members.
• Participates with other functional managers in leadership of GTI Engineering department.
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other GTI departments and vendors as required to facilitate smooth substantiation of GTI designs.
• Works closely with other GTI departments to gain consensus on the best plan of attack on each engineering issue.
• Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
• Ensures budgets and schedules are met.
• Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff.
• Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue and conserves organizational resources.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Managing People - Provides direction and gains compliance, includes subordinates in planning, takes responsibility for subordinates' activities, makes self available to subordinates, provides regular performance feedback, and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
• Planning & Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, works in an organized manner.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 10 years industry experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully leading a team of engineers; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), Database software, Internet software.
• Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. Experience with a variety of CAD systems required, AutoCAD preferred.
• Experience coaching and managing a team of electrical design specialists including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Excellent organization and communication skills to provide direction, performance management and oversight of up to 20 direct reports plus manage as many contractors.
• Thorough knowledge of aircraft electrical systems, drawing development and FAA requirements.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Assistance in recruitment for new positions, participate in hiring/interviewing process
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
GREENPOINT Technologies is an AA/EEO. To see all open positions and apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.greenpnt.com
Greenpoint Technologies - 17 months ago