This team member will be responsible for building and leading a technical team in developing and applying reliable manufacturing engineering methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of manufacturing technical problems. This team member will be required to design and implement new manufacturing methodologies for material handling, machining, welding, paint and assembly. They will also be required to maintain detailed documentation and effectively communicate with the operations, design and technical support teams. Considerations for safety, quality and delivery are required in all manufacturing engineering decisions. The team member should be able to perform within the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time and Total Quality Management systems/processes
• Responsible for the quality of work, reliability, schedule, cost and delegation of tasks for a technical organization of over 40 team members. Includes Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technicians, and Maintenance.
• Develop and deploy strategies to improve plant operations performance as it relates to candidate’s team.
• Key management team player in overall success of plant operations. Help develop and deploy key strategies to assure organization’s financial success.
• Acts as a mentor to lower level engineering staff and models problem solving skills with a proven ability to develop others.
• Actively participate in all systems manufacturing planning, including capital investments, product design issues, resource allocation, plant layout and quality issues.
• Shares responsibility for the effect of technical decisions/judgments on program schedules or goals critical to the organization with other engineers and managers.
• Improve product quality and reduce cost throughout analysis of production methods, processes, and optimum utilization of personnel.
• Responsible for project planning, often acting as a liaison between design engineering, operations, and the technical team.
• Provide expertise in machining, welding, material handling, and assembly processes.
• Responsible for assuring proper implementation of engineering change process for products
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Capability to utilize wide application of standard mechanical and/or industrial engineering principles, theories and concepts.
• Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
• Should possess servant leadership characteristics to effectively lead a technical team.
• Must demonstrate a strong skill set in developing and deploying strategies to achieve key organization objectives such as financial, safety, and quality.
• Ability to organize and sequence work associated with complex designs, converting them into production action plans.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to others and to work cooperatively with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to provide effective preventive/corrective actions though use of advanced problem solving skills.
• Must hold sufficient ability to create and maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research, development and maintenance of equipment and processes.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Works in both office and manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing are strongly preferred.) Others engineering degrees may be considered.
• 8+ years of engineering and/or manufacturing experience required
• 5+ years of leading technical teams is required.
• Strong leadership experience as it relates to leading, mentoring and coaching teams
• 5 + years in Project Management experience is required
• Experience with Solid Works is a plus
• Prior experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
ENGINEERING.com - 5 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...