Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
This position reports to the Chief of Engineering for Services and provides key engineering support to internal and external customers covering Integrated Logistics Support and product support for the full range of Naval Marine propulsion products, ensuring those products achieve an optimum combination of availability, reliability, maintainability and life-cycle affordability, and providing technical support for developing and fielding engineering services solutions.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
- Conduct logistics analyses and develop Integrated Logistics Support plans.
- Leads development of technical documentation, electronic technical manuals, provisioning technical documentation, installation/commissioning procedures, and internal and external training materials using electronic publishing tools.
- Maintains working knowledge of Integrated Logistic Support database, LSAR, development tools.
- Conducts failure modes and effects analysis
- Develops maintenance task analyses (MTA), applies Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques (RCM), and prepares maintenance support data including tool and spare parts lists.
- Participate in regular formal reviews of supportability and supportability related customer requirements.
- Review engineering design documentation, 2D drawings, 3D models, system, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical diagrams, component specification and data sheets, and operating information and serve as a primary author for ILS data.
- Develop installation, commissioning, maintenance, overhaul, upgrade and training procedures and materials using SGML software.
- Provide first-line technical support to field service personnel and internal and external customers
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
- B.S. in Engineering or Associate's degree with a major in Engineering, Journalism or Communications.
- 2 years of experience in the marine industry covering technical support documentation, technical manuals, and support.
- In lieu of a degree must have equivalent experience with a broad knowledge of marine electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems with 5 years of experience in the marine industry covering technical support documentation, technical manuals, and support.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience developing logistic documentation using MIL-STD-1388 database.
- Experience developing military technical documentation using SGML files.
- Familiarity with US Naval vessels and associated propulsion equipment, or 5 years of experience developing technical manuals and other complex Integrated Logistic Systems documents
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Rolls-Royce - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...