Are you passionate about creating automated test solutions for a complex, big data system? Do you love directly contributing to the bottom line?
AppNexus is looking for an exceptional analyst to join our Engineering Quality team. Our team is responsible for developing and maintaining automated functional tests as well as participating in adoption of automated testing discipline within the larger engineering organization. An Engineering Quality Analyst will be a key contributor to this overall effort. He/She will work closely with the Engineering Quality Manager and other team members to achieve the objectives listed below.
Here are some of the exciting projects the selected candidate will participate in during her first year:
We are looking for someone who:
- Build and maintain a coherent set of automated functional tests that will ensure automated regression testing of larger and a larger footprint of AppNexus application suite.
- Work in a cross-functional team directly and build automated tests to support new features and isolate defects.
- Promote adoption of the AppNexus Functional Test Framework within engineering department and throughout the company, under the direction of the Engineering Quality Manager.
- Collaborate, as needed, with Product, Engineering and Engineering Response teams to refine and enhance process and criteria for creating automated tests.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Has strong analytical skills and a passion for testing complex, high-performance applications.
- 1+ years experience in working as a part of a software development team, preferably, with a focus on automated testing, a related discipline, or equivalent academic experience.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills.
- Is an exceptional collaborator and team player able to promote use of our test framework within the organization.
- Has some experience developing in at least one dynamic programming language (PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby etc).
- Has, at minimum, a BS in computer science, math or engineering from a top university.
- Experience in or exposure to display advertising business.
- Experience testing web services, especially REST/JSON based services.
- Experience in or an inclination to learn agile software development methodology.
AppNexus is a world-class ad technology company, and one of the hottest young companies in New York City (Silicon Alley Insider, amNY). Our goal is to bring together the brightest minds in the business and help companies capitalize on the explosive growth of real-time advertising using our revolutionary ad platform. We’ve built a 500+ person Team that is ideal for Problem Solvers who like to get their hands dirty and continue to innovate. Our culture is agile, creative, transparent, highly communicative/collaborative, trustworthy and fun.
For more information about AppNexus, please visit the following links:
Posts about our technical environment, recent projects and engineering culture ( http://techblog.appnexus.com/ )
Webinars by our CTO, Mike Nolet, about scaling our systems ( http://www.mikeonads.com/2011/10/01/on-scale-webinar/ )
Posts about our business, products and the company ( http://blog.appnexus.com/ )
Our leadership ( http://www.appnexus.com/leadership )
Culture and life at AppNexus [video] ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmrlcVCqjo )
AppNexus - 4 months ago
AppNexus is a world-class ad technology company, and one of the hottest young companies in New York City (Silicon Alley Insider, amNY). Our...