Engineering Specialist - Serial Communication & Diagnostics Validation-ENG0014475
Responsible for serial communication and diagnostics validation strategy for current and future vehicle electrical architecture. Validation strategy includes serial communication and diagnostics test procedure development, test tool requirements development, and recommendation for Global Electrical Validation organization.
- Develops and/or review serial communication and diagnostics validation test procedures for Global A, Global B Electrical Architecture
- Single point of contact to Advanced Architecture Group for providing validation input during serial communication and diagnostics design of Electrical Architecture
- Creates test tool requirements for future serial communication protocols for monitoring and logging of the data. Interact with cross functional organizations (service, test, manufacturing, architecture, powertrain) for feedback and input to requirements.
- Point of contact for suppliers of serial communication and diagnostics test tools for communicating validation organization needs for future test and data logging tools
- Supports Electrical Validation organization with special test setups for issue resolution
- Trains and supports Electrical Validation organization with use of new serial communication and diagnostics test tools
- Generates technical solutions for resolving vehicle issues
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and customers
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
Education and/or Training
- Expertise in serial communication protocols such as GMALAN, MOST50e, FlexRay
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
- Four or more years experience in job-related area
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Electrical Validation , Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in script development such as CAPL, Vehicle Spy scipts, Python, C, …
- Experience in working with GMLAN, MOST5e
- Familiarity with FlexRay, Ethernet (IEEE 802.3) protocols
Posting Date : Apr 8, 2013, 3:17:07 PM - Ongoing
General Motors - 2 years ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...