Engineering Technician - Field Crew
With more than 6500 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firms. Servicing clients across five continents our people share a passion for successful project delivery and exceptional results. We have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our global network.
Engineering Technician – Field Crew (Leader/Assistant) with the ability to manage a field crew performing field engineering services for our Harrisburg office. Candidate must be able to aid in performing flow meter installation along with the associated maintenance and data collection of flow metering. Tasks also may include field asset condition assessment, house inspections, wet weather investigations, pre-construction videotaping, and sewer smoke and dye testing activities.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Two years’ experience in related position with ability to comprehend specifications, drawings and manuals
• Must be physically able to open manhole lids, enter manholes, carry equipment, traverse occasionally rugged terrain, and perform required confined space activities (training for confined space will be provided).
• Desire to work outdoors
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, safe and insurable driving record.
• Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently perform assigned duties. High technological and mathematical aptitude, with preference given to exceptional computer skills
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work well and communicate with clients, management, and the general public.
• Ability to work flexible work schedule as necessary for scheduling and deadlines.
• Position involves significant travelling with some overnight stays required.
GHD encourages individual achievement and recognizes the strength of a diverse workforce. This position comes with an attractive salary and a full roster of benefits including in-house professional development.
GHD is a dynamic company with lots of opportunity. A growing team awaits the addition of your technical knowledge. To be considered, please submit your resume and salary requirements in confidence via
GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting companies.
Established in 1928, GHD...