Engineering Technician - Internship
Electrical Engineering interns in Substation Automation for Engineering and Configuration
Electrical engineering student with an interest in communication infrastructure, networking, protocols, and remote terminal units (RTU's) as applied to Design and Implementing Substation Automation, Protection and Engineering. Work in a cutting-edge, technology-based business that provides intelligent systems to manage, control and monitor the electrical equipment of a substation for electric power utilities, Industries and other energy providers.
The coop will be expected to support the Engineering and Configuration team in the following areas:
- Lead Engineering support (technical Project Management)
- Drafting and Material Management support
- Substation Automation, Protection and Network Design support
- Substation Automation, Protection and Network Implementation and Testing support
- Supporting technical proposal reviews, technical post sales activities
- Supporting the team on actual projects for
- Maintaining knowledge database
- Hardware setup and Software management
- Supporting our Energy Automation Lab
- Preparation of group meetings
The coop will be assigned job tasks and projects that will require an above average proficiency and experience with:
- Solid knowledge of electrical Power Systems.
- Basic programming knowledge. These may include but are not limited to C, C++, VBA.
- Basic understanding of computer and network technologies.
- PC-based software packages for word processing, presentation, database, spreadsheet, and chart applications. These may include but are not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, AutoCad, MS Project and MS SharePoint.
The coop should possess the ability to work independently with minimal direction and input from supervisors and managers. The coop should also be comfortable with taking the initiative and gathering the required data and information to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining high standards for quality. Responsibility and getting the job done mentality is a must.
must be currently pursuing bachelor degree in engineering, preferably Electrical. Exposure to Power Systems, Automation, Protection and programming are favored.
Knowledge and Experience
Key responsibilities and knowledge are outlined above. A strong command of the language is required, as is demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
Key Working Relationships
The coop will work closely with Lead Engineers, Design and Configuration Engineers as well as interfacing with our Proposal, Production and Procurement team.
Coop is expected to work 30-40 hrs/week during Breaks and 10-20hrs during semesters.
Must have authorization to work in the US permanently without sponsorship
For Direct Consideration, please email an updated resume in word format to Jessica Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org