Engineering Technician – Louisiana Gulf Coast
The successful applicant will join a highly motivated conservation team dedicated toward accomplishing Ducks Unlimited’s (DU) mission. Applicant will assist a regional team delivering wetland, riparian, and associated habitat restoration projects in Louisiana, primarily along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
The successful applicant will: (1) be responsible for the operation of various surveying equipment for topographic and construction surveys; (2) serve as DU’s representative on construction projects, while performing a variety of inspections to verify contractor’s compliance with plans, specifications and standards; (3) prepare inspection reports and maintain project records; (4) assist Regional Engineer(s) with a variety of administrative duties; and (5) represent DU with local, state, and federal personnel, private landowners, and other conservation partners.
To apply: Please fill out the application materials on our website at www.ducks.org/jobs , attach cover letter, resume and references and click "submit". For further information or to request application materials please contact email@example.com.
- Knowledge of topographic and construction surveying techniques, including GPS and the ability to serve as instrument person.
- Knowledge of heavy construction work methods, practices, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of project administration, construction inspection and materials testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with public and private conservation partners.
- Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate ATV and outboard boats.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD and engineering related software.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, willingness to work independently, willingness to travel overnight, ability to work in inclement weather, and ability to work with minimal supervision in remote work environments.