BAE Systems is seeking an SCA Engineering Technician required to support NUWC DIV Newport, RI Code 25 with engineering, technical expertise, and material for system evaluation, the analysis, assessment, validation/integration/certification, product test planning, test tool design/documentation, and testing support for the legacy, developmental, and follow-on NPES/SWFTS CSs, and Cruise Missile programs. System evaluation requires operation of all AN/BYG-1 variants, interfacing NPES/SWFTS, weapons, test equipment and weapon simulators.
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Requirements: Please be sure to address all stated requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that specifically include all requirements will be considered.
- Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results.
- From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment without critical performance requirements that are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry
- Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc
- May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design
- Plans or assists in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance
- Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments
- Analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendations
- Minimum of HS diploma and 10 Years experience
- Must have active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must have prior experience with U.S. Navy Combat Systems testing, operation, installation and maintenance
- Ability and willingness to meet travel requirement of 40%
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Experience with AN/BYG-1
- Experience working with U.S. Navy submarine combat systems
- Experience with TEMPALT and SHIPALT installations
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...