The services provided within the Division are performed to the standards of industry including ASTM, AISC and ACI as well as the state laws governing professional services All Services will be performed in accordance with AET's QA/QC procedures. The Technician will have an instrumental position in developing the expertise and efficiency of the department, including training and service orientation. The objective is to provide high quality services at a fair price, while maintaining costs to provide "plan" margin.
· Performing field tests of construction materials – expected to consume 70% of the work day.
· Performing laboratory tests on construction materials – can consume up to 30% of the work day.
· Test reports – expected to consume 10% of the work day.
· Communication with project manager – expected to consume 5% of the work day.
· Laboratory maintenance – expected to consume 5% of the work day.
· Maintain equipment in clean working order.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Work independently performing testing services in the following areas with supervisor on site:
· Perform field testing and/or observations of construction materials, including concrete, soils, masonry, asphalt and reinforcing steel.
· Report field test results.
· Assist work coordinators in laboratory tests of construction materials.
· Communication with project manager.
· Communication with client and contractor.
· Maintain equipment in a clean working order.
· Follow all safety procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
· Ability to frequently lift 30-60 pounds from the floor to 2 feet. Occasionally lift 60-100 pounds from the floor to 2 feet.
· Ability to frequently carry 30-60 pounds for 10-30 feet. Occasionally carry 60-100 pounds for 10-30 feet.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· A.A., Community or Technical College degree or a student pursuing an Engineering degree preferred but not required.
· Previous construction industry and/or materials testing experience desired but will train.
· Maintain valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing, Inc. - 10 months ago