Power Grid Engineering Open Positions
Power Grid Engineering, LLC (PGE), voted top winner by Florida Trend Magazine for "Best Places to Work" in 2011 is currently hiring dedicated professionals for our Birmingham office. PGE is an electrical engineering firm serving utilities throughout the South East with offices in Florida and Alabama. PGE is committed to providing quality services to our clients and is currently looking for well qualified candidates to join the PGE team. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and a culture where work/life balance is encourage and supported. Basic Job Function
Create Protection and Control design packages for the electric utility industry. Responsible for providing technical support for and under the direction of the engineering staff to produce design packages and associated project work.
- Responsibilities Develop technical skills related to the design of protection and control systems for the electric utility power grid.
- Develop drawings and assist in the preparation of design packages using CAD/drafting skills; drawings include:
- Functional diagrams
- Logic diagram
- AC power elementary
- DC schematics
- Control house plan views
- Wiring diagrams
- Control panel elevation
- The preparation of any additional support documentation for the construction and maintenance of protection and control systems being designed.
- Follow established design standards and CAD drafting standards.
- Assure all drafting is accurate and complete
- Perform checking procedures to assure quality control of design packages
- Compile bills of material Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of formal post-high school specialized trade (technical school or college
- Experience related to electricity
- Formal post-high school specialized trade (technical school or college) related to electricity
- AutoCAD electrical experience
- Ability to create custom applications (Visual basic, LISP, Macros)
- Micro-Station experience.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Power Grid Engineering, LLC
- 2 years ago - save job