The Engineering Technologist is responsible for identifying and acquiring electrical, electronic or mechanical components, assembling prototype electrical, electronic, or electromechanical devices and modules, installation of electrical, electronic, or electromechanical devices and test instrumentation on prototype products. The technologist performs related duties such as creating and maintaining documentation in support of new product development, sustaining current products and customer special orders.
Assist in design of electrical systems and wiring harnesses for Portable Power products.
Create electrical diagrams, wiring harness, and electrical component drawings using PC-based tools.
Prepare drawings and materials lists as needed to produce Portable Power products in the factory.
Select and qualify electrical components as needed per product design, including supplier interface on specs and preliminary cost.
Write test procedures and perform or supervise validation testing.
Install instrumentation as needed on units to perform validation testing.
Provide technical support on advanced engineering efforts. Provide support to Field Service on customer electrical issues.
Provide support to Manufacturing on electrical design and testing issues on assembled complete units.
Provide support to Purchasing for the procurement of engineered electrical products and electrical components
Install electrical systems and components on prototype units.
Make keen observations and notify Engineers of any problems, unusual occurrences or irregular data during testing using appropriate means (TIR, etc.)
Assemble electronic subassemblies and modules from drawings, sketches, parts lists, or verbal instructions.
Conduct performance and validation testing following general or specific instructions.
Perform component, subassembly and electronic module testing.
Demonstrated mastery of:
- Specialized electronics devices such as transducers, sensors and actuators
- Electrical / Electronic instrumentation and test equipment
- Production manufacturing of: printed circuit board assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Inspection of prototype electronic components, assemblies, instrumentation and test equipment
- AC circuit fundamentals and design of basic circuits
- DC circuit fundamentals and design of basic circuits
- Use of CAD tools in schematic capture
- Standard electrical and electronic components in analog and digital circuits
- Electrical machinery operation such as motors and generators
- Methods for troubleshooting electrical and electronic circuits
- Applicable industry standards and codes such as: NEMA, NEC, SAE, etc.
- Electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering drawings
Associates Degree in Engineering-Electrical with five to seven years experience.
Doosan Infracore is carving its own niche as one of the world's largest construction equipment makers. Part of Korea's Doosan...