Life Skills High Schools operate centers in Ohio and Colorado and offers an alternative high school education to students between the ages of 16 - 21. Class hours and curriculum are designed to be flexible enough to fit each individual's needs. In addition to computer based learning and highly qualified teachers available for one-on-one attention, Life Skills High School assists students outside of the classroom with job placement and counseling for higher education.
Facilitate superior student education through effective classroom management, lesson planning, effective communication, and cooperation and teamwork with building administration, peers, parents, and other stakeholders; assist the Administrator by implementing the philosophy and policies adopted by the company and Board. The individual will:
- Prepare instructional lesson plans aligned to applicable standards
- Keep accurate records on each student such as grade books and report cards, lesson plans, attendance records, and behavior/discipline records
- Maintain confidentiality concerning all student information and any professional matters
- Collaborate with colleagues demonstrating a model of “connected educators” and develops positive working relationships with students, parents, school personnel and the public
- Participate in professional development workshops/programs
- Adapt and enriches the curriculum using multiple strategies and online tools in imaginative ways to actively engage students in their learning
- Develop classroom experiences that teach students not only facts but how to apply what they learn to solve real world problems
- Guide students to develop the broader competencies increasingly important for success in an ever more complex and demanding world
The individual must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Certification/Licensure in appropriate teaching area;
- NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status in teaching assignment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks
- Satisfactory completion of a BCI and FBI background screening
This is a part-time position.
Life Skills operates centers in Ohio, Arizona and Colorado and offers an alternative high school education to students between the ages of...