The Engineer IV
provides expert leadership and analysis
for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical projects as assigned. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of product and/or procedures.
Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research.
Is an expert in design, implementation and optimization of wireless Networks. Analyzes performance measurement & statistics to improve network efficiencies & identify potential problems.
Develops detailed recommendations for changes & process improvements.
Develops performance standards.
The Engineer IV-Implementation Engineer with enterprise or carrier-class Juniper, F5 BigIP, F5 Viprion, and Cisco experience will join an existing team to implement new Cisco Nexus routers, Juniper SRX Series Services Gateways, and F5 equipment in a large data center environment. STARENT media gateway configuration experience REQUIRED. High-profile experience required.
The implementation project tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Interface with client engineers to verify completeness and accuracy of the EDP’s
- Coordinate with Staging to ensure proper configuration and delivery schedules are met
- Coordinate with appropriate Turf Vendor to ensure proper Physical Layer connectivity
- Coordinate with Transport to complete demark extension and connectivity
- Perform and document connectivity testing once the site is guilt out
- Perform circuit turn-up testing
- Coordinate handoff to Operations team for acceptance testing
- Routing & switching technical support for new equipment
- Create and update as-built documentation and Visio diagrams
- Issue tracking
- Day to day team support
of Cisco engineering experience in an enterprise or carrier-class environment (including 7600, Nexus, or similar equipment)
- STARENT media gateway configuration experience with ST40/ASR5000, PGW, SGW, GGSN, & SGSN required
- Strong Junos skills, including SRX and MX series experience
- Strong knowledge of Layer 3, BGP, OSPF and Spanning Tree
- Cisco (CCNP or above) certification strongly preferred (but not required)
- Strong customer interfacing, communication and documentation skills
- Must have previous Telecom and/or IT industry experience
- Expert in 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, Core and RAN wireless networks
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, and multi-task across several assignments
- Ability to think creatively and work under pressure
- Knowledge and use of project management systems/tools; Microsoft Office proficiency (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Displays sense of urgency, tenacity & follow-through
- Masters degree or PhD in engineering, computer science or related technical disciplines
Axis Teknologies, LLC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard