Netflix’s Enhanced Content team is seeking a technically savvy, user-focused, data- and research-driven professional to help us innovate on the use of imagery and its categorization for the tens of thousands of streaming movies and TV episodes in our worldwide catalog.
It’s our team’s mission to know how our users want and expect to discover content, all over the world. You will play an instrumental part in our efforts to innovate on the use of categories, stills, clips and other image- and video-related merchandising for titles in our worldwide streaming catalog, for more than 20 million users. Leveraging your core strengths of content knowledge, data integrity and cultural sensitivity, you will aid in innovative discovery projects on our both our site and partner devices, bringing Netflix personalization to life.
The right person for this role will:
- Serve as a strong voice, company-wide, for the proper merchandising of our catalog through images and categories
- Oversee the use of these images and categories in a data-driven navigational user experience, as well as in A/B testing
- Develop a new classification system for the images the company uses in merchandising
- Respond to company goals and direction, from the perspectives of product development, consumer insights, content purchasing and member usage
- Recruit, train and routinely communicate/provide context for a freelance team
- Administer weekly assignments and deadlines based on catalog usage stats
- Work with third-party image services and providers
- Apply a sharp editorial eye to all content -- movies & TV genres and categories, as well as still images and clips/trailers
- Work cross-functionally with engineering to troubleshoot problems with tools and systems, with a focus on encoding and metadata engineering
- 5 Years professional experience in new-media or e-commerce content management and categorization
- The ability to think analytically about content, and to be able to back up strategies with data and metrics
- Familiarity working in a database environment and communicating with engineers, programmers and designers
- Proven strength in analyzing data sets, paying extreme attention to data integrity and architecture
- Superior written and verbal skills; an emphasis on film or TV editorial a plus
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and pro-actively set your own goals
- BA/BS degree; Library/Information Science, Archives, Digital Asset Management/classification experience preferred
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...