Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as the Enrollment Counselor. The Enrollment Counselor, reporting to the Assistant Director of Enrollment, is responsible for the recruitment of students into Eastern University's Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies. The Enrollment Counselor is representative of all CCGPS programs and departments. As such, he/she is responsible to develop and implement a communication strategy that provides the highest level of customer service to potential and enrolled students. In doing so, he/she will provide answers to programmatic questions, school policy information, and financial aid nuances. All information will be captured through use of internal database systems (Jenzabar/Nolij/CRM). Finally, the Enrollment Counselor will ensure a smooth transition from the applied to enrolled student status, and maintain helpful communication throughout the student lifecycle.
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission . The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
1. Meets and/or exceed recruitment goals by promoting all Eastern programs to a diverse student inquiry population. Manage students throughout the entire enrollment process by meeting application and registration deadlines.
2. Corresponds with prospective students and distributes requested program materials/brochures.
3. Communicates with prospective and current applicants through phone calls, emails, in person appointments and social networks, etc. through admissions application process and remain in contact through the first month/semester of classes to assure retention goals and program satisfaction. Distribute requested program materials/brochures. Prompt customer follow-up!
4. Demonstrates proficiency in CCGPS program offerings; Participates in ongoing training regarding all Eastern offerings, database systems (NOLIJ, Jenzabar, & CRM), and policy changes.
5. In collaboration with Assistant Director of Enrollment: Attends a weekly touch base meeting to provide updates on scorecard and referrals regarding assigned program; develops a recruitment plan with supervisor to identify differing demographic recruitment needs; directs feedback to supervisor and communicates necessary information to student; develops and implements new outreach strategies to attract qualified students.
6. Updates and maintains applicant records and admissions credentials within CRM & NOLIJ. Initiates daily application status emails using automated CRM system.
7. Provides an unofficial review of student transcripts to assess admissibility into their specific program of interest & assist with scheduling academic advising appointments. Through the use of product knowledge, direct student to the best fit program. Also, assist academic advising department to ensure successful registration of needed general studies/prerequisite coursework prior to class start.
8. Responsible for networking with a variety of contacts including current students to promote CCGPS programs and generate referrals.
9. Conducts & schedules enthusiastic information sessions/open houses on campus and at local partnership locations of the assigned program(s) for prospective students. May be asked to attend professional networking events to assist in the growth of the University brand. Evening and weekend work is required with some travel.
10. Works collaboratively with the rest of the enrollment team, student services, academic advising, & financial aid, acting as a liaison between the student and specific department to facilitate a positive student experience.
11. Works collaboratively with the Partnership Coordinator to assist in new business development specific to the program demands.
12. Communicates on a quarterly basis with Departmental Program Chairs. Aids in communicating departmental changes to the enrollment team.
13. Performs other program specific tasks as assigned by a member of the Enrollment Leadership Team.
14. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence, and affirmation.
15. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect, seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
16. Evening and weekend work is required with some travel.
Status: Full-time, staff, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Positive attitude toward adult and graduate education is required.
Proficiency in computer systems is preferred (Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access). Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities, effective relational skills, a team player mentality and a customer service orientation are essential. Attention to detail, the ability to establish priorities and attain goals, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required for success. Time management and organization are a must. A strong sense of professionalism is required. It is essential that the incumbent exhibits an understanding of and support for, the University’s evangelical Christian mission.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to email@example.com or by mail to:
Job Search #4188
Office of Human Resources
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087-3696
All positions remain open until filled.