Enterprise Data Warehouse – Solution Architect-INF0003127
Enterprise Data Warehouse – Solution Architect
About the General Motors Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team:
GM has recently announced numerous steps to strengthen its position as a global automotive leader. GM is constructing an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) as one of the cornerstones to achieve this objective. As a member of the EDW team you will play a significant role in helping GM implement one of the largest data warehouses in the world. GM is seeking dynamic individuals who will leverage their industry knowledge and experiences to design, architect, deploy, and manage this data warehouse.
About the role:
The EDW Solution Architect position is a cross-functional position requiring leadership, business acumen, and technical acumen in the delivery of business intelligence solutions for General Motors. Responsibilities include creating conceptual software designs, designing/publishing/maintaining logical data models, and providing technical and thought leadership within a project team in the end to end solution delivery of products on the EDW technical platforms.
The solution architect will require technical, communication, and leadership skills in working with other key roles such as Business Partners, Business Analysts, Data Architects, and Development Leads. Project data deliverables include data requirements, data flow diagrams, data sourcing plans, data privacy/security architecture, and conceptual database architecture.
The Solution Architect will be expected to leverage their knowledge of business intelligence best practices along with cross industry data expertise and data modeling tool expertise.
- 4 Year IT College Degree/Masters preferred or equivalent experience
- 7-12 years in delivering business intelligence solutions
- Experience working with data tools and technologies - data modeling, ETL tools, meta data management tools, master data management tools, database technologies
- Demonstrable experience in software design for business intelligence solutions
- Work with Business Partners, Business Analysts, Data Architects, Software developers to achieve project objectives - delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
- Lead resolution of end to end data issues, data design issues and end to end data test issues for a specific project
- Validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed solution
Why General Motors?
- Experience working with MPP database platforms a plus
- Moderate to advanced SQL skills
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value. The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is at the center of this IT transformation.
Join our team and experience data warehousing at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Nov 19, 2012, 9:28:36 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...