Leading IB in downtown NYC seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager to join their team.
The Enterprise Risk Management (USA) group is responsible for defining and implementing an effective risk framework and governance structure , its subsidiaries and the combined U.S. operations. In particular, the incumbent's core responsibilities are to assist and contribute to:
The incumbent will be tasked with working closely with both the Enterprise Risk Management group in Toronto as well as Senior Risk Managers and Executives locally to ensure:
- The design and implementation of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR);
- The design and implementation of the enterprise risk reporting to support senior business and risk management personnel;
- The design and implementation of the necessary risk appetite frameworks;
- The design and implementation of the Resolution and Recovery Plan (RRP);
- Risk policy definition and communication in the United States.
- The risk framework in the United States is aligned and consistent with global standards;
- Global systems and infrastructure are leveraged where possible; and
- Risks unique to the region are properly reflected in both the local and global risk frameworks as necessary.
CCAR Design and Implementation
RRP Design and Implementation
- Support the development of regulatory capital across all risk categories leveraging [client] capabilities where possible;
- Assist in the development of stress testing across all risk categories leveraging [client] standards and capabilities where possible.
- Staying abreast of evolving local regulatory capital standards to ensure the impact is understood and implemented as necessary;
Risk Reporting & Governance
- Assist in the establishment of a resolution and recovery plan as required by the regulators;
- Staying abreast of evolving local regulatory standards to ensure the impact is understood and implemented as necessary.
- Assist in the development of effective risk reporting for senior business and risk management;
- Ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted to senior management;
- Ensure that risks are properly capitalized using economic capital across all risk categories
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication of risk policy standards for subsidiaries and businesses in the United States;
- At least five years of risk management experience obtained in a financial institution or other comparable environment;
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills;
- Solution orientation;
- In-depth knowledge of lending and trading products;
- Ability to handle a significant and diverse workload;
- Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative;
- Masters degree;
Competitive compensation package