The Enterprise Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of local and wide area networks (LANS/WANS) and associated applications. He/she supports the customer by maintaining and improving the network infrastructure. The Enterprise Engineer installs, configures, upgrades, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves problems at an advanced level on local and wide area networks (LANS/WANS) and on shared network devices. The Enterprise Engineer is a mid-level position, which requires some thought leadership and mentoring capabilities.
- Installs, configures, upgrades, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves problems at an advanced level on servers and shared network devices; troubleshoots and resolves software and hardware problems on basic networks.
- 3+ years experience administering UNIX servers/networks.
- Works with management to develop an education plan, which includes both technical and professional courses, and executes the plan in the time frame required.
- Provides accurate and timely data (time reports, warranty verification, etc.) as required.
- Responds to all calls and pages per current response guidelines/commitments.
- Provides on-call after-hours support to contracted clients.
- Resolves client satisfaction issues to the client’s expectations, or escalates, if necessary, to management.
- Reports business opportunities to the proper internal resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of trade secrets, proprietary information, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
PCM, Inc - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard