Emerson™ Process Management is looking for a talented and versatile Entry-level Software Test and Automation Engineer to test its award winning digital process control system – DeltaV.
As a Software Test and Automation Engineer you will participate in all phases of the software testing life cycle. As part of that activity you will be challenged to improve coverage, performance, and quality using prescribed automation techniques and technologies.
This position requires solid computer science skills and with some software development experience. You must also be a confident and quality focused person with the ability to interact well in a team environment. The successful candidate must be versatile and willing to take direction and learn from senior engineers.
Key duties and Position Requirements:
- 0-3 years of work experience (testing software/developing software/Software QA)
- OOP experience coding with C#, C++, Python, XAML, or XBAP
- Must possess strong testing instincts with excellent analytical and debugging skills, strong communication skills, and a drive to make a difference
- Proactively develop an understanding of the functionality, usability and performance requirements for assigned product features to be tested
- Work closely with team leads to develop and execute manual and automated test cases and missions to the project plan and schedule
- Document test results, log defects, and work closely with development to isolate and reproduce defects
- Review and refine test cases to enhance quality and increase testing coverage (i.e. automate existing manual tests)
Additional Skills (Not Required):
- Solid understanding of development processes and methodologies
- Ability and desire to pick up/learn new technologies and set-up/maintain test systems in a lab environment
- Ability to analyze crash logs, debug traces, and utilize basic debugging techniques
- Knowledge and experience with version control and defect tracking systems
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft® Windows®, TFS, MTM, WCF, WPF, and VSTO
- DeltaV or similar distributed control system (DCS) experience (i.e. PLC, SCADA, OPC, Field Bus)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including Microsoft® Hyper-V™ installation and administration
BS Computer or Electrical Engineering or Comp Science: 0 - 2 years; OR MS Eng or Comp Sci + 0 - 1 year of related experience.
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Who May Apply
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management - 19 months ago
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...