Position: Entry / Junior Level Ruby on Rails Developer - 70k+/- Salary!
Location: Cambridge, MA
Term: Full Time / Permanent
Compensation: $70,000+/- + Benefits & More!
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a client that is an industry leader in the visual effects software industry! You name the TV Network, of Film Studioand they more than likely use our clients products! Our client in Cambridge, MA is looking to hire a Web Application Developer whose primary responsibility is improving and maintaining our client's in-house, custom-built Rails-based CRM system and interfacing it to third-party apps such as Salesforce.com and Drupal Ubercart. This role would also be responsible for maintaining and improving a number of other internal web-based Rails apps and creating new ones to meet business needs.
Extensive experience is not necessary as this is an entry-level developer position and you will receive on-the-job training. A strong passion for software development and building good software is a must, and an ideal candidate will look forward to working in a team environment.
- Function as primary technical contact for custom Rails-based CRM Application.
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and support integration with other applications and platforms
- Lead design effort to ensure system reliability and performance
- Implement technical best practices for development and automated testing
- Perform support of production application by responding to support requests, tracking problems/issues, and following up with company personnel
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 1 year of professional software development experience or internship equivalent
- Comfortable programming in Ruby or similar language; Ruby on Rails experience a plus
- Experience with development of web services (SOAP or REST) a plus
- Interest in learning CRM system concepts, business reporting and business analysis
- Interest in learning software development best practices
With over 50 years of combined experience, Incendia Partners is a firm specializing in the placement of software and IT professionals. We have been named by Inc. Magazine as one of America's 500 fastest growing companies for 3 of the past 5 years (*06, *07, *08). We take the time to listen to our client's needs and to understand their goals so that we can help them advance their career. We not only know the industry, we have the contacts to help you succeed faster.
Learn more about us here: www.incendia.com
Incendia Partners - 10 months ago