US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking an entry level candidate for a highly competitive Geospatial Analyst role within our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Gainesville, FL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit, engaged in Geographic Information Systems on our cutting edge programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision
- Undertake challenging work on projects using geographic information provided by geodetic surveys, aerial photographs and GIS data sources.
- Project responsibilities may include processing and analyzing remotely sensed data (e.g. aerial photos and LiDAR) and vector data, database entries and queries, development of GIS scripts and programs, coordinating GIS work with other software applications (e.g. AutoCAD, Google Earth), and use of standard GIS extensions.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Develop, integrate, store, edit, analyze, share, and display geographic information products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS or Geography from an accredited institution within 12 months
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of basic cartographic principles and spatial analysis to include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, etc)
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Candidates with previous cutting edge experience with GIS and remote sensing technologies in a highly complex
etc.), Geodatabases development (including ArcSDE), photogrammetric procedures, and surveying techniques.
- Candidates with experience or knowledge of GIS scripting/programming skills (VB.net, VBA, HTML, Java, Python,
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
- Candidates with experience in Microstation, AutoCAD, ERDAS and GPS processing software.
Northrop Grumman Corporation will consider all recent qualified college graduates, regardless of age.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...