The Dewberry Coastal Services Department is seeking an Engineer or Scientist with 0-2 years of experience in coastal engineering or science. The engineer or scientist will perform coastal hazard analyses, hydrodynamic modeling, coastal process analyses, and flood plain mapping. The engineer or scientist will support planning, engineering, design, construction, and monitoring of various coastal shoreline restoration, marine structure, sea level rise, and mitigation studies or projects. Candidate may also assist with various emergency management and post-disaster support activities in coastal regions of the US.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
Candidates should have skills demonstrating knowledge and application of coastal wind-wave-water level analyses and modeling. Skills in the analysis of coastal sediment processes, coastal morphology, and storm-induced erosion are required. Candidate should demonstrate a systems understanding of coastal ecologies, habitats, and the environment. Application of the US Army Corps of Engineer’s Coastal Engineering Manual, Shore Protection Manual or ACES is a plus. Strong GIS skills are also a plus. Knowledge of riverine hydrology, hydraulics, and floodplain management is a plus. Candidate must have strong writing and communication skills.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.
- BS or MS degree (with an emphasis in coastal, ocean, or marine engineering or science)
- 0-2 years experience in coastal, ocean, or marine engineering or science.
- 0-2 years experience in coastal engineering or science technologies, analyses, models.
- 0-2 years experience in ArcGIS.
- 0-2 years experience in AutoCAD or Microstation.
- 0-2 years of experience with public and private clients.
- Technical writing.
- Public meetings and professional speaking.
- FE Certification is preferred.
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer.