Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop software requirements for embedded software subsystems for mission critical subscriber products based on marketing requirements.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within quality assurance, time and cost constraints.
- Perform architecture, design and coding activities, employing existing mature software development processes in the organization.
- Design, implement and test embedded software subsystems using Object Oriented/UML development methodology.
- Prepare design documentation for all levels of the software development process.
- Create and execute unit, integration, system, load and acceptance test plans and scripts. Use software system testing procedures, and document results.
- These phases will be conducted with "mature" software development processes.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing mature software development processes.
- Develop intellectual property for the corporation.
- Inter-group and intra-group teamwork with world-wide development
- Bachelor's degree; major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 0-2 years post-graduate work experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++ is necessary
- Knowledge or experience in embedded software development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML using Rational Rose Modeling Tools,
- Knowledge or experience in wireless communications protocols, USB, TCP/IP, OSI networking stack
- Knowledge or experience with software configuration management.
- use of test equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers, oscilloscopes etc. a plus
- Knowledge or experience with development tools such as compilers, emulators/JTAG, debuggers, etc
- Knowledge or experience with software-hardware interface development and integration is required.
- Knowledge or experience of Bluetooth, GPS, sensors and display technology a plus.
- Capable of working in a team environment.