Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 60,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
Tech Prof Electrical/Electronics, Assoc:
Under direct supervision, assists in the design, development and testing of electrical and/or electronic hardware and/or firmware for downhole tools and/or surface systems. Diagnoses and troubleshoots instruments and electrical and/or electronic system problems. Services, troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces and maintains electrical and or electronic maintenance system(s). Uses some judgment in making preliminary selections and adaptation of engineering alternatives. May develop, test and debug firmware for microprocessor/microcontroller/DSP. Complies with and promotes the reliability and safety practices. Comply with Halliburton HSE and service quality requirements. Job duties, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Assists in the design, development, testing and support of electrical and/or electronic circuits for downhole and/or surface equipment
- Services, troubleshoots, repairs and and/or maintains electrical and/or electronic circuits for downhole and/or surface equipment
- Works with senior technical personnel to develop design skills and product knowledge
- May provide some guidance to technicians and may work with them to reliably test the design
- May work with design drafters to insure the design standards are met
- Complies with and promotes the reliability and safety practices
- Incorporates reliability analyses as well as project management skills during the design process
- Some travel may be required
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, and/ or Computer Engineering required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proven Schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium, Mentor Graphics, or similar)
- FPGA and/or microcontroller embedded programming
- Computer software
- 2D and 3D design tools (AutoCAD/SolidWorks or similar)
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Product documentation and qualification for production of a developed product
- Background in testing and completing modular projects
Halliburton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton - 22 months ago
One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries with a...