Title: BAS Controls Engineer
Department/Location: Sales Team- Building Automation Systems, Tozour-Trane, King of Prussia
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Sales Manager
Works with: Sales Manager, BAS Team, Sales Performance Analyst, Service Sales Team, Sales Engineers, and Clients and Prospective Clients.
Job Purpose: Responsible for acquisition and development of long-term customer relationships in the form of developing HVAC Building Automation System Solutions. Primary responsibilities will be working with high level building owners to act as a consultant in providing Building Solutions utilizing Tozour-Trane controls and Service. We are looking for a recent college graduate (engineering major) who wants a technical sales role in the HVAC/BAS industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o New construction design
- Provide knowledge and consultation in the form of developing Building Automation System related solutions for customer issues, including financial and performance based considerations.
o Retrofit and replacement
o System upgrade and enhancement
o Identify opportunities above and beyond controls scope and team or transition to account managers of that division.
- Consistently ascertain customer needs and market opportunities to build teams of acquisition members as needed for customers and projects.
o Act as an Account Manager for the assigned accounts to ensure customer needs are met.
About Tozour Energy Systems
- Work effectively within the Tozour-Trane sales team and their customers to influence HVAC systems design to maximize the Tozour-Trane bill of material for a completely integrated system.
- Provide knowledge and consultation for existing sales force to enhance Tozour-Tranes ability to convert controls installations to service contracts.
- Build and establish relationships with non-contract customer that have previously purchase HVAC and controls from Tozour-Trane.
- Provide knowledge and consulting for a value based acquisition process.
- Work within financially based decision making processes and understanding building automations ability to affect short and long term costs of operating and maintaining commercial and industrial properties.
- Provide quotes for BAS upgrades, service agreements, retrofits, enhancements and other value based solutions.
- Provide estimates for BAS activity, as well as, service agreements and virtual service offerings.
- Prepares and submits necessary management reports on backlog, pipeline and selling activities.
- Develops, evaluate and discuss possible solutions with customers. Utilizing latest technology on systems performance comparatives inclusive of energy, comfort and maintainability.
- Prepares, validates and finalizes scope of work and proposal with customers and established the agreement with the customer.
- Prepares all necessary transition documents and facilitates a complete turnover meeting with the operations/fulfillment team.
- Works with operations and the customers to resolve any major deviation in scope.
- Flexible to work outside normal working hours as required.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Tozour Energy Systems is a full-service, HVAC and building automation provider, comprised of three business entities: Tozour-Trane, HVAC Parts and Supplies and Tozour Energy. The company provides customers with a diverse range of solutions including building automation, equipment services, energy conservation services, green building design, controls, parts, supplies and responsible technical support.
Come see why we were recently named A Best Places to Work in Philadelphia by the Philadelphia Business Journal! We offer medical, dental, vision, FSA, free life insurance, disability, matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, and more! Our state-of-the-art building has a fitness center, free parking, and is very convenient to get to. Check us out at www.tozourenergy.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based on job-related factors, such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform essential functions of a particular job. It is our policy to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Support and belief in this principle is a basic responsibility of all employees here at Tozour Energy Systems.
Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with clients and vendors. Well represented and businesslike supporting a demeanor that establishes a comfort with top level business owners and leaders. Ability to get along with others and be a team player is a key to success in this role.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in engineering required. A candidate who is currently a junior in college will be considered for a 2013 summer internship.
- Strong desire to work in the HVAC automation related business.
- Is comfortable in an entrepreneurial position with high levels of accountability with a high dependency on self-motivation.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to and associating with C' level business associates.
Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago
Tozour-Trane is YOUR total facility service provider!
Owners of commercial and institutional facilities face many challenges including...