FMHC hires entry-level Site Acquisition Specialists who have J.D. degrees and experience with contract review and/or real estate.
The Site Acquisition Specialist is responsible for performing all aspects of the Site Acquisition process from site candidate identification and qualification through the completion of zoning approval for multiple sites. The SAS will coordinate with RF Engineering and Construction personnel and others daily to ensure timely and accurate completion of required tasks, while reporting progress to the Project Manager / Team Leader on a regularly defined basis.
- Review and analyze lease documents for existing wireless communication facilities.
- Completion of site candidate identification packages for new sites.
- Coordinate site walks, A&E site design walks and other site/field visits with RF Engineering, Zoning, Construction Project Manager and A&E Departments as required
- Negotiation of Lease, Amendment, License, Right-of-Way and/or Easement Agreements with property owners.
- Completion of leasing packages and other documentation required by the client
- Researching and obtaining information regarding all applicable planning, zoning codes, and regulations which would affect the development of a site.
- Maintaining complete documentation related to all planning procedures, communications regarding the sites, and actions taken on each site assigned.
- Preparing and ensuring completeness of all necessary zoning applications and supporting documentation including written site description, justification for site, plans and sketches, maps, and photo simulations.
- Organizing and conducting presentations for neighborhood meetings or public hearings as required by local jurisdictions or as requested by respective property owner(s).
- Daily interaction with the RF Engineering and Construction personnel to ensure compliance with all client, landlord, jurisdictional, governmental and industry standards.
- Accurate daily and weekly reporting to the Project Manager / Team Lead and/or client, as required. Project accurate lease dates and attend status meetings.
- Complete all site file documentation.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelors degree required. Juris Doctorate is highly preferred.
- Real Estate license or willingness to obtain license required.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing lease documentst, amendments and easements.
- A solid understanding of the real estate laws, terms, definitions and legal documents necessary to secure a client's real property interests for the purposes of installing a Communication Facility.
- Experience working with local zoning jurisdictions preferred.
- A proven ability to work efficiently, multi-task, meet stringent deadlines and achieve project goals.
- Strong leadership, organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a schedule-driven environment.
- A "can do" attitude while being highly adaptable, flexible, willing to perform multiple functions, and a team player.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The SAS will typically spend approximately 50% of his/her time in the field and 50% in the office, with the percentages varying depending upon what stage the project is in. When in the office, the SAS will spend much of his/her time researching property information, making phone calls to prospective property owners, negotiating legal agreements, completing required paperwork, coordinating various field visits, and submitting status reports to the Project Manager / Team Leader. When in the field, the SAS will spend much of his/her time driving to specific sites and/or locations to meet with team members and/or property owners. The SAS must provide their own vehicle. Business mileage will be reimbursed by FMHC.
Edina, MN 55439
FMHC - 23 months ago