If you are a web developer with Rock Star ability to dive in and deal with problem solving on a cutting edge, full solution, development team, please read on!
A stellar entry level Software Development Engineer opportunity with Enterprise Mobile is just a click away. If you have a knowledge base of ASP.Net, C#, Java and SQL Server, here is your chance to apply it. Jump in and make an impact to our remarkable Software Systems Solutions Team (without bureaucracy) and grow with us!
Authorization to work in the United States is required.
Immigration related support from Enterprise Mobile to begin or continue employment is not available for this position.
This position is based at Enterprise Mobile which is headquartered in Plano, TX. The world headquarters of our parent company, Intermec Technologies is located in Everett, WA (Seattle area).
The position reports to the Director, Software Systems who is based in Bellevue, WA.
Your ability to be a self-starter, work independently and be comfortable in a virtual office environment is crucial to your success in this position.
The ideal candidate would be located at our Plano, TX base of operations.
Candidates with the ability to telecommute or work virtually within a three hour commute of Plano, TX will be considered.
Enterprise Mobile, a business unit of Intermec Technologies (NYSE: IN) is a provider of lifecycle services for mobile devices. Enterprise Mobile’s lifecycle services address all aspects of enterprise mobility including mobile device deployment, user training, help desk support, replacement and repair, refresh and recycling/end-of-life. Enterprise customers benefit from these services by reducing the strain on operations and IT resources, and providing users with a single, expert point of contact for device support and management across multiple platforms, including iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android, RIM (BlackBerry), and webOS.
Software Development Engineer – Enterprise Mobile Solutions
Introduction & Purpose of the Job:
The ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate with co-op, internship or strong project experience, or 1-3 years’ work experience in the industry.
Key member of a small development team responsible for the ongoing development and support of a suite of software applications used in mission-critical business processes involving the management and support of mobile devices in facilities around the world.
o Primarily focused on web application development, and will also contribute to Win32 and mobile application projects.
- Responsible for the development of new software features and enhancements that contribute to the business objectives, improve operational efficiencies and automate business processes.
- Apply agile development methodologies to create and enhance a suite of web, mobile, server and desktop applications capable of addressing the ever-changing requirements of the mobility industry.
- Work with all members of the development team to design, develop, test and implement of a variety of web-based applications, windows service applications, portals, integration tools, mobile applications, DLLs, desktop applications and reporting tools to support business and customer requirements.
- Assist in the development of integration tools with other business applications including finance, shipping, inventory, help-desk, phone systems, FTP sites, Excel, EDI transmissions, web portals and a variety of 3rd party and customer data feeds.
- Assist with the continued integration of technology for system enhancements – including mobile application development, voice-command support, support for RFID, barcode integration, wireless printing, GPS, etc.
- Assist with the enhancement of reporting tools, websites and portals for distributing customer-specific data to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with problem-solving tasks involved with issue-resolution, new requirements, data discrepancies, bugs and new feature requests.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations.
- May produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
- Develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills; speaking, listening and writing
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, Java, SQL Server
- Must be able to work effectively with others across all stages of the software life-cycle, including the ability to support issues and opportunities that arise after release
- Attention to detail and a strong skill-set for debugging and testing
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new technologies is critical
Enterprise Mobile and Intermec Technologies are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Agile methodologies experience is highly desired.
- Full life-cycle development experience across a variety of platforms is highly desired:
- Development experience using Visual Studio 2008/2010, SQL Management Studio, Windows Mobile SDKs, Team Foundation Server and SQL Reporting Server
Intermec - 17 months ago