LW Survey Company is currently seeking an Entry to Mid-Level CAD Tech/Drafter to join our team at our New Braunfels, Texas location. This CAD Tech/Drafter must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Excel and Word. Civil 3D or Carlson Survey knowledge a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assists RPLS and Lead Designer with assembling bid, approval, and construction
issue drawing packages.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards.
- Frequent contact and interaction with, project managers and field personnel.
- Accompanies survey crew in the field when necessary.
- 1-5 years of experience with average to strong AutoCAD skills.
- Ability and desire to learn other 3rd party software.
- Knowledge of MS Office software.
- Previous experience in Pipeline Mapping is preferred but not required.
- Have a working understanding of basic drafting standards.
- High School graduate.
- Some college or technical school a plus.
- Technical training in AutoCAD from an accredited source, or a minimum of 2 years
work experience with references.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with a wide range of situations and personalities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A team spirit and cooperative attitude.
- Mature, dependable, confident, organized and adaptable to change.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as necessary, to meet project requirements.
Our first priority is meeting the expectations of our clients and offering them long-term solutions in the areas of Civil Survey, Pipeline/Routing Survey, Civil Engineering, LiDAR, Inspection, Right of Way, and Civil Drafting/Design. We accomplish this by working as a team in an environment that values and respects the expertise of our employees.