Entry-level Desktop/Network Technicians
Seeking College Students (enrolled in IT program) or Entry Level Technicians
Initially a 3 month contract
Location: Irving, Texas
- Work with infrastructure team to clean up various technical devices.
- Responsible to keep up with current inventory database and order and read through reports and clean-up any broken devices.
- Work with vendors to schedule maintenance on devices (Devices might need new battery, or need a part ordered)
- Update Web Interface Information for all printer Global Naming Standard
- Connecting to each network printer via their web management interface and updating configuration information we provide
- 1500 devices across North America
- Assist with printing issues resulting from installation of HP Universal Print Driver (UPD)
- Server Print Queue Cleanup
- Identify users printing through server print queues, contact user and switch them to UPD.
- Generate list of application specific print queues.
- Once queues successfully not in use delete server print queues.
- Additional Tasks
- Unpack, image, package and ship PC's for refresh and WIN7 deployment in Canada.
- Assist with IT asset disposal coordination for various sites across North America.
- 1-2 years' experience as a printer technician or working on a network
- Basic networking knowledge
- Understanding of IP addresses
- Analytical and organized - MUST!
- Knowledge of how to connect printers to network
Alleare Consulting - 2 years ago