Entry-Level Solution Developer -- Houston(Job Number: 16161)
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
As an Analyst, Solution Developer, you will build management, technical and planning skills by participating in projects and interacting with customers. You will be responsible for the following:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
- Contribute to the programming of new applications using the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, BizTalk, Business Intelligence, SharePoint, Office 2007 and other advanced components of Microsoft technology
- Consult with Avanade's Fortune 500 customers
- Execute test scripts and document the results
- Support, maintain and administer deployed solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or computer-related discipline
- Major GPA of a 3.0 or above. Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above (3.0 or above highly desired).
- Passion for technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an academic, extracurricular or professional setting
- Previous work, internship or co-op experience, preferably with customer-facing responsibilities
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel 80% of the time to the customer location
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Knowledgeable of requirements gathering methods and tools.
- Understanding of software development and implementation lifecycle
- Programming experience using C#, C++, Java, VB.Net or ASP.NET
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or another database
- Functional knowledge of a development methodology
- Prior consulting experience
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Houston
Region : United States
Job : Solution Developer
Capability Group : Con/Sol - Application Development
LOC: CAMPUSUSA J2W: CAMPUS