Tetra Tech, Inc. is a leading provider of consulting,
engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a
diverse company, including individuals with expertise in
science, research, engineering, construction, and
information technology. Our strength is in collectively
providing integrated services—delivering the best
solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than
14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and
2.75 Billion revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s
capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer
competitive compensation and benefits and are searching
for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech currently has an opportunity for an
Environment and Safety Professional at our Houston, TX
location. This position will coordinate ES activities on
large hazardous waste sites requiring an ES department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
levels, develop and recommend control measures and
- Determine the level of protective equipment.
- Use and interpret monitoring instruments.
- Analyze safety and health hazards, assess risk
incidents occurring on project sites.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, illnesses and
with OSHA and related regulations.
- Develop emergency procedures and ensure compliance
This position may function as the ESS for a project,
which would include the following responsibilities:
EMS and EHS programs.
- Assist with the implementation of the EHS plan and
the EHS program and procedures through training and
- Ensure that employees understand the requirements of
- Obtain approval of all EHS plans.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with the EHS
staff identified within each EHS procedure.
- Fulfill the specific responsibilities for project ES
Manager if approved by the Regional ESQ Manager, the
- May approve H&SP and function as the project H&S
Project Environmental Safety Manager (PESM) and
allowed by the contract.
Environmental Health & Safety Plans including
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of
Environmental Protection Plans, Waste Management
Plans, regulatory compliance plans, storm water
management plans, storm water pollution prevention
plans, spill prevention control and counter measure
plans, contingency plans, emergency response plans
and health and safety plans.
determining the presence of an imminent health and
- Order the shutdown of site activities upon
- Prepare ES sections of proposals.
- Conduct and develop ES training programs.
- Provide ES services to clients.
- Conduct ES related audits of projects and offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
commensurate with experience.
- High School or equivalent education required
5 years Oil and Gas experience preferred.
- Possess 10 years Safety Construction experience and
Candidates who are interested in joining our dynamic
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
team should submit a resume to Tetra Tech Inc., at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the
position that you are applying for in your cover letter
and include salary requirements. A pre-employment drug
screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all
interested parties including women, minorities, veterans
and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website
at www.tetratech.com to see the array of services that
we provide and exciting projects we are currently
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job
application process, please send the position you are
applying for to: email@example.com or send a
fax to (973) 630-8111.
Division/Department : OGC
Req. Code : OGC-Environ & Safety Professio
Tetra Tech - 15 months ago
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...