Environmental Compliance Specialist Senior
Department: Environmental and Land Management
Close Date: 02/11/2013
General Purpose :
• Performs routine to difficult and specialized environmental functions requiring application of scientific theory and concepts, such as air quality permitting and compliance, studies, testing, auditing, training, regulatory review, etc.
• Applies professional practices to assure compliance with all air quality rules, regulations, and permits while maintaining reliable, cost effective electrical supply to our customers.
• Activities primarily include providing air permitting guidance and support for the steam stations, conducting ongoing air regulatory issue analysis, supporting the development and implementation of air quality environmental compliance programs including Environmental Management Systems (EMS-ISO 14001) to meet state and federal regulatory requirements, active participation on workgroups/committees consisting of multiple internal and external stakeholders, and supporting Company environmental stewardship goals.
• Other duties and tasks may be assigned as needed.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internal and external to the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or Applied Science.
• Compliance Specialist Senior: At least 7 years of directly related experience.
• Air permitting and compliance experience for larger industrial facilities is preferred including familiarity with applicable Federal and state rules and regulations.
• Experience in electrical power plant operations is a plus.
Special Requirements :
This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Job Location :
Duluth, Minnesota. Local travel to company facilities and Minneapolis/St. Paul area required. Occasional air travel.
Competitive Market salary based on qualifications with full benefits.
This position has been posted both external and internal. External candidates can apply online at www.allete.com. Internal candidates must submit their applications through the intranet homepage, and notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.