TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc. is recognized as the leading environmental testing firm in the United States. Operations include a nationwide network of 40 environmental testing laboratories and 27 service centers. TestAmerica provides innovative technical expertise and comprehensive analytical testing services. |
The Analyst I performs environmental analyses and/or preps of samples using standard analytical techniques in compliance with TestAmericas Quality Assurance programs and SOPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting TestAmericas H&S guidelines as appropriate to job function
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques
- Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
- Performing routine maintenance of instruments
- Conforming to lab QA/QC practices
- Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Ability to train and become competent on complex instrumentation including any but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
Accurate, timely and complete analysis must be provided on all samples to ensure quality data and to maintain positive client relations.
BS or BA in Chemistry or related field. 8 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
Laboratory experience helpful
Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
- Analytical and/or General Science
- Scientific Method – Mathematics
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Laboratory equipment and Safe Laboratory practices for chemical and or Radiochemical procedures
TestAmerica offers a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision care plans; 401(k) plan; and educational assistance.
TestAmerica is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our web-site, http://www.testamericainc.com, for additional information.
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago