Please submit the original Employment Application either in-person or via mail to our office at 375 Satula Avenue, Athens, GA 30601. You may download the application form using the link in the Job Details section on the right-hand side of this notice.
Plans and directs major system design improvements in water and wastewater. Performs administrative/managerial and technical functions associated with directing activities within the Plant Operations Division of Public Utilities Department which includes the water treatment and wastewater treatment plants. Manages laboratory activities for water, wastewater and stormwater to ensure compliance with Athens-Clarke County National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems permits and Withdrawal permits. Manages the industrial pretreatment program.
Qualified applicants must possess:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, major in Civil or Environmental Engineering:
2. Five years of experience involving water/wastewater design, laboratory procedures and requirements of a similar size system;
3. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job;
4. Certification as an Engineer in Training;
5. Three years supervisory experience; and
6. A valid driver’s license.
Certification as a Professional Engineer is preferred. See the job description for further details.
This position is a professional level position (at-will), and serves at the discretion of the Department Director.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ( May have to work religious holidays).
Athens Clarke County HR Department - 13 months ago