Langan has an opening for an entry level Environmental Engineer or Scientist at our Elmwood Park, NJ office. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude and strong interest in performing environmental investigation and remediation of contaminated properties. Duties will include: soil and groundwater sampling; air and soil gas sampling; field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors; data management and evaluation; and report preparation. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering, MS Degree preferred;
- Final Grade Point Average of greater than 3.0;
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Knowledge of New Jersey environmental regulations and field experience related to site investigations and remediation projects a plus;
- Related office and field internship experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, GIS, AutoCAD;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm and has been recognized as one of CE News Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For. Langan offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad.
We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We offer our full-time employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; extensive training; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. - 16 months ago