Our Pittsburgh area Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania office seeks entry level Environmental Technicians to perform fieldwork activities.
This six month assignment requires outdoor work (year round), day travel via personal or company vehicle (including possible overnight stays) and required overtime on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs groundwater sampling
- May assist Senior Technicians with system installation activities
- Performs more mechanically oriented functions at specific sites
- May supervise subcontractors for routine field activities including excavation activities
- Performs general labor and light construction duties as required
- Conducts water / soil sampling and testing activities and other general field related services
- Conduct E&S inspections at various natural gas well pad locations
- Prepare and submit E&S inspection reports for each inspection performed
- Communicate E&S deficiencies to on-site personnel as well as field supervisors
- Submit accurate daily sales & rental documents
- Records field notes for specific tasks performed at each site and follows established procedures for documenting all field activities
- Calibrates, maintains and updates a variety of screening equipment (Trimble GPS units, Gas Explorers & water quality meters)
- Ensures all equipment is loaded on the truck to perform the required field activities.
- Communicates and interacts with other staff, subcontractors, clients, regulatory agencies and property owners
- May perform limited subcontractor oversight in field-related activities
- Performs other duties as assigned field services manager or supervisor
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A High School diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of field experience OR a related degree and 0-1+ years of experience
- Must be able to work without direct supervision, while maintaining a commitment to perform all required duties
- Must adhere to GES health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) standards in all activities.
- Must complete initial and annual refresher OSHA HAZWOPER training and be able to wear PPE.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, writing, and client service skills.
- Must have a good driving record, and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Overnight travel required.
- Required overtime on a regular basis.
- Initial Drug/Alcohol screening, as well as enrollment in GES' random D&A program is required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Apply To This Job